Burncoat UNITES Registration
Registration for the Burncoat UNITES (Unifying New Instrumentalists Through El Sistema) after school program is now open to all WPS student instrumentalists in grades 4-9.
Burncoat Middle School
135 Burncoat Street, Worcester
Wednesdays and Thursdays
OCTOBER 12- March 30
The program starts at 2pm. Students may arrive anytime between 2PM and 3:30PM.
Sectionals; lessons; orchestra; homework time; snack, master classes in jazz, folk music, music theory and more.
EL SISTEMA IS:
Through rigorous and challenging musical and behavioral expectations, access to quality instruction and repertoire, and an environment of responsibility and collaboration students develop a new awareness of their own potential and their responsibility to their community to effect social change.
WHAT ARE THE GOALS OF UNITES?
- BE A BETTER CITIZEN
- Take Initiative.
- Be Responsible.
- Work together to solve problems.
- Be a positive role model for others.
- BE AN EXPRESSIVE ARTIST
- Challenge yourself musically and expressively.
- Learn to communicate through music. Perform masterworks with passion and expertise.
- BE A THOUGHTFUL SCHOLAR
- Develop consistent study habits. Learn to communicate more effectively with peers, adults and the community.
- Share your own knowledge with others.
Call Anthony or Alicia at 508-799-3657
Space is limited. Send in your registration by October 3. Please email your registration to Burncoatunites@gmail.com, or mail to Mr. King at Burncoat Middle School, 135 Burncoat Street, Worcester, MA 01605